Friday, May 15, 2009

Disappointed with ArtByUs

I am very disappointed with ArtByUs.
I have been telling artists that have a website, to put their ABU auctions on their websites and blogs
I have a link on my web page that shows what I have for sale at ABU as I thought it helped us both.
However; I have changed my mind.
I lost a sale of a set of three roses, as a customer explained :

"Hello Joy,
I will not be purchasing your copper roses, this time around. The artbyus.com site was delaying my registration, so because of my time frame issue, I decided to purchase my gift elsewhere.
I am sorry that this occurred; I really liked your artwork. Best of luck with your future endeavors.
Regards,
Paul

I had thought until now that it was beneficial to have the ABU listing on my website.
I am continuing to have it on but have changed the wording to this:

"The Copper Roses listed below, can be shipped immediately.
You can safely purchase my work by contacting me www.Joy@Joygibat.com
By sending me an email with your selection, I can bill you quickly thru Paypal.

(You can order thru ArtByUs, but it is slower.
You must register with them, they verify you, then send me your email address.
I then contact you and bill you thru Paypal.)
"
http://www.artbyus.com/auctions.php?a=6&b=104

As I have been urging artists to use ArtByUs, I felt I should make amends with this "what not to do"

No comments:

Post a Comment