Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Valentine Rose in Ruby Colored Vase

I have been complaining that I have had trouble getting my blood pressure to a lower level. I am taking several medications which has not been very successful.
A friend told me that she had heard that drinking "hibiscus tea" helped.
So I have given it a try (Now Foods - Heavenly Hibiscus Tea) and it seems to help. For the past 4 days, I have been getting SYS readings in the 130s and 120s instead of 150s, 160s and 170s. My DIA has always been in the 60s and 70s and has not changed.
I am not recommending that it is a cure, but will say that it has helped and that it is a pleasant herbal tea.
There is also a recipe for "Hibiscus Tea with Vodka and Citrus" thru Google which I haven't tried, but sound interesting.

I thought that January would be slow, but I have been getting orders my Copper Roses.
I found a couple Ruby colored glass vases so am offering them with a single full Copper Rose for Valentine Day. This one
I just listed at "ArtByUs" http://www.artbyus.com/auctions.php?a=2&b=276950

Oklahoma's weather has changed from the delightful 78º to 25º with sleet and snow, so I will stay indoors for a couple days.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, I was looking at some of your amazing work..

    I'll have to try the hibiscus tea if my blood pressure goes back up..

    I'm going to put a link of your blog on mine so some of my bloggings friends will check yours out...

    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, i would appreciate the link.
    I will be happy to put a link to your blog. Can you give me some suggestions on how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sign into your blog,
    then go to your edit your profile, go down to the bottom where it says manage blogs,
    then add my blog url...

    Let me know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete